Work with us
Working for CLC idiomas
Founded in 1999, CLC idiomas is a prestigious language school teaching English, French, German and Spanish. The school is an official Cambridge Preparation Centre and Trinity Exam Centre. At CLC, the atmosphere is friendly and supportive, for both staff and students. There is a low turnover in staff, and we now have well over 2000 students, many of whom have started as youngsters and are now taking Advanced or even Proficiency exams. CLC accredits B1, B2, C1, C2, TOEFL, TOEIC and IELTS levels.
The facilities at CLC
In September 2011, we were proud to open our spacious, purpose-designed premises. All classrooms are fully equipped with a digital whiteboard, laptop and sound system. We have a well-equipped staffroom with a comprehensive selection of resources (extra/backup material from an extremely wide range of course books and associated CDs etc.; computers and printers; unrestricted use of photocopies and laminator; video & audio CDs/DVDs; teacher training books, and lots of activities created by our own teachers.)
What do we teach?The CLC teaching programme offers a complete range of levels, with students ranging from three years old to adult. Many students will take a Cambridge (PET-->CPE) or Trinity (ISE) exam at the end of their course, and adults may study general English or specialized, custom-designed professional courses, either in our academy or on-site in the workplace. Some students will do intensive courses for TOEFL, IELTS, BEC, etc.
- Nearby primary/secondary schools where CLC has its own “Language School” status
- Companies: local (but international) firms given on-site English training.
- CELTA or equivalent certificate, preferably at “B” or above.
- You should have a university degree.
- You should have at least one year’s teaching experience in TEFL.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in Cambridge exam preparation, although full training will be given.
- Applicants must be willing and enthusiastic about working with children.
- Applicants must have European residency and a valid EU work permit. A working knowledge of Spanish would be useful, just for getting around, although in CLC Spanish is never used in class. Ever.
- Please do not apply if English is not your native language.
Salary and conditions
- More (paid) teaching hours may be available.
- Social Security and all taxes paid by the school.
- Contracts run from September to June (exact dates will be specified)
- Staff are offered free classes in Spanish or French.
- There are excellent opportunities for professional development, including external training by Cambridge, Trinity, etc., in addition to our ongoing in-house training scheme and other seminars.
- Excellent holiday conditions, with some great fun and surprises during term time!
Where do I apply?
Please send a cover letter, along with a copy of your CV and including a recent colour photo to the Director of Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants not enclosing a cover letter and/or a recent, representative colour photo will be excluded. Due to legal requirements, only native-level English-speaking EU residents can be considered.